NZRC CORE Advanced
Duration: 9 hours
CORE Advanced is intended for advanced providers of resuscitation such as Dentists who provide sedation, senior nursing staff working in acute care settings, GPs, Urgent Care Physicians, anesthetic technicians and intensive care paramedics. Pre-course reading covers all the required knowledge to provide advanced resuscitation to manage the adult and paediatric patient and students will learn advanced resuscitation skills as well as attend assessments of these skills and knowledge. A variety of scenarios are presented to develop good team work practices.
CORE advanced is a new course that replaces what was known as CORE level 5 to 7. The CORE Advanced text book (required pre-course reading) is available directly from the New Zealand Resuscitation Council. Resuscitation Skills has a comprehensive e-learning package to help you prepare for this course. Resuscitation Skills holds a small stock of text books available for rent for those who do not wish to purchase the text book. Our course fees includes the compulsory NZRC course certification fee payable to the NZRC. Click here to read about this course directly from the NZRC.
Recognised by the RNZCGP and approved for 12 CME credits for Maintenance of Professional Standards (MOPS) purposes.
- Adult,child, and infant CPR
- Use of an AED
- Use of a bag-mask-resuscitator
- Airway management including use of OPA & LMA
- Manual defibrillation
- Principles of trauma management
- Introduction to intra-osseous needle systems
- Principles of team work during crisis
- Basic ECG recognition
- Cardiac arrest and peri-arrest scenarios
- Cost $430.43 plus GST per person
- Location: Auckland City Hospital - Clinical Skills Centre Level 4 Support Building view map
- Class size: Maximum 12 students
- Time: From 8:00am to 5:00pm
Accredited training provider of