Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS-16hrs)
Duration: 16 hrs / 2 Days
Advanced Cardiac Life Support is a two day comprehensive programme delivered at our Clinical Training & Simulation Centre in Albany Auckland. Standard Advanced Life Support courses cover the fundamentals of cardiac arrest. Day one is a NZRC CORE Advanced course. Day two extends the provider to manage more in depth coronary issues such as management of brady and tachya rrythmias, (synchronised cardioversion & TCP) pre-hospital thrombolysis, inotropic infusions and cardiac arrest in special circumstances such as: asthma, anaphylaxis, drowning, trauma, pregnancy, drug toxicity and sepsis.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is a practical 16 hour course with some pre-course reading and e-learning assessment completed prior to attendance. It is recommended that all participants complete a Basic Life Support or Intermediate Life Support course prior to attending ACLS. All practical skills are assessed on the course on day one during the NZRC CORE Advanced course and a significant amount of time is spent conducting high fidelity simulations. Participants complete all the course requirements for NZRC CORE Advanced on day one and are also issued a CORE Advanced certificate if successful.
Feedback is provided to all participants about their team leadership skills, communication and ability to coordinate a team during a medical crisis.
- Advanced airway management (including endotracheal intubation)
- Wave form capnography
- Manual defibrillation (Adults and Children)
- Synchronised cardioversion & Transcutaneous Pacing
- Adult VF/VT Cardiac Arrest
- Adult Non VF/VT Cardiac Arrest
- Cardiac Arrest (special circumstances)
- Paediatric cardiac arrest
- Initial management of trauma
- Management of tachyarrythmia
- Management of bradyarrythmia
- 12 Lead ECG recognition
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes including out of hospital thrombolysis
- Inotropic Infusions
- Team leadership and principles of team work in crisis situation