E-Basic Life Support
e-BASIC LIFE SUPPORT
This ON-LINE course is the first part of the Basic Life Support for Health Professionals course that meets the requirements for vaccinators according to the Ministry of Health's Vaccination Handbook. Participants can complete this course and begin vaccinating AND must complete the assessed practical component of the course as soon as practicably possible following a reduction of the COVID Alert Levels.
Once you have logged onto our e-learning platform, you can complete this package at your pace. This course takes approximately an hour to complete and involves both text based material and audio narration as well as some activities to test your progress and understanding.
- THEORETICAL INFORMATION
- Use of oropharyngeal airways
- Use of Supraglottic airways (LMA's/Igel)
- 2-person use of a bag-mask resuscitator
- Use of an AED
- Adult, child and infant choking
- Preparation of emergency drugs
- Principles of good team work during cardiac arrest
- Management of anaphylaxis