Intermediate Life Support
Duration: 4 hours
This course is suitable for GPs with vocational registration requiring an RNZCGP approved level 5 resuscitation course every 3 years for MOPS, and for Practice Nurses that require level 4/5 CPR certification for Cornerstone accreditation. The course covers everything included in the Basic Life Support for Health Professionals course and extends some fundamental resuscitation skills by adding the use of supra-glottic airways, use of front line cardiac arrest drugs, recognition of basic ECGs and the principles of good team work and management of medical crises.
Endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and approved for 8 CME credits for Maintenance of Professional Standards (MOPS), this course is also approved for Registrars in the GPEP programme.
- Use of suction and insertion of oropharyngeal airways
- Supraglottic airway device (eg. LMA/i-gel®) insertion during CPR
- Manual defibrillation
- ECG recognition (shock/no-shock)
- Administration of emergency drugs
- Intraosseous access
- Adult and child case simulations
- Fundamentals of team work in crisis